GRADUATE CONGRESS: GraTE’7′
“Graduate Congress: Graduate Thesis Evaluation in 7 minutes”
The first event is planned on 29-30 March 2019, at Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore.
IEEE ComSoc Bangalore and Kerala Chapter is bringing this annual event to understand the quality of research and work being undertaken. Under this event, we make a call for synopsis from Master (ME/M Tech/MS) and PhD scholars who have defended (final viva voce completed) during 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018 and the institution from where they have done belong to Kerala and Karnataka states.
All students who are eligible would submit the synopsis and other details as mentioned below and present their work in 7 minutes to the audience and panellists. Based on the work quality and other details, 4 best ME/MTech/MS/ thesis and 3 best PhD thesis (total great 7) will be awarded. The award will carry 20,000/- INR for each PhD and 15,000/- INR for each MS/ME/MTech and Certificate of recognition. The certificate will also be given to corresponding Supervisor/Co-Supervisor in recognition as the best supervisor/Co-supervisor of the year.
- Candidate has to submit the details online and must register for the congress (https://in.explara.com/e/graduate-congress-grate-7 )
- Call for submission will open on 30 November 2018.
- Submission dead line 21 January 2019
- Notification of the shortlisted thesis 28 February 2019.
- Candidate has to make his/her own travel arrangements and stay (however, we may help them to get cost effective stay in guest house, hostels of some of the colleges nearby)
The following are the eligibility for the candidate:
- Graduated (defended the thesis) in 2018 that is, all those who have completed the final viva between 01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018.
- Graduated from any of the institutions/colleges in the states of Karnataka and Kerala
- Thesis from the broad areas of Communication and Networking.
Procedures of evaluation:
- Initial screening of submission by Technical Organizing Committees and experts
- The panellist (experts from the domain area) who will be going through the short listed synopsis.
- Presentation by candidate during the congress.
- Feedback ( form will be distributed) from audience collected during the presentation
The following document submissions are required: (Each attachment should not be more than 200kB)
- Synopsis about 5-6 pages
- Abstract (exactly the same as in submitted thesis- Scan copy of abstract page and the page(s) of signatures of all examiners)
- Original contribution (if not included in the synopsis)
- Details of institutions and period of registration, submission of thesis and final viva (defense) of the thesis.
- Supervisor/Co-supervisor details and a Confirmation of his/her consent
- HoD/Principal signature of viva completion (if signature page is missing)
- Signature of Supervisor and or Co-Supervisor on each document. In case, supervisor is away, eSignature accepted- All documents in zip file can be cc’d to supervisor with main address to congress organizer with a subject heading of “Submitted copy of MTech or PhD Thesis”.
Please Note – Candidate has to bring one copy of the main thesis. (It might be given back to the candidate).
Please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr Navin Kumar) for any further information.
Standardization Meeting on “PLC Testbed Development in India”, on 24th Jan, 2018 at Velankani Tech Park, Electronic City, Phase 1
ComSoc Bangalore Chapter has been awarded the best chapter of the Bangalore Section in year 2017.
Congratulation to all the members for their support.
First ComSoc AGM, Jan 07, 2018
Download the Annual Report Here: ComSoc AGM Jan 7- 2018
I would like to invite all members (professional and Student) to attend the first ever ComSoc AGM being co-located with Bangalore Section AGM. The venue is Sangrila Hotel, Palace Ground Road, Bangalore.
It will be held from 2pm, after lunch time.
Please send confirmation to email@example.com if you are attending.
Some surprise gift might be waiting for you !
Please join us.
The agenda is very brief (we dont know even the procedure but testing it)
(i) Registration and some gift pack 2-2.10pm
(ii) Welcome to all guests and members with proceeding of annual event (very brief),some initiatives, etc. 10 min (Chair)
(iii) Financial health (Mr Anand, treasurer) – 5min
(iv) Announcement of New Team proposed by Slate, assembly and quick photo – 7 min
(v) invitation to Prof Hari, IISc and Fellow IEEE for sharing his experience with IEEE
(vi) Invitation to Prof Das (2017 Section chair) for quick feedback and experience sharing
(vii) Invitation to Prof K J, Sr Member IEEE for sharing his experience
(viii) any other will be invited……or volunteer to share..
(ix) If any other agenda….can be taken like future planning or so.
KINDLY DO ATTEND the proceeding.
Note – This confirmation does not entitle you to attend Bangalore Section AGM if you have not registered for that. Registration for Bangalore Section AGM is already closed.
ComSoc NewsLetter – 2nd Issue, Dec 2017
Kindly find/download the ComSoc Bangalore India Newsletter.
Smart City RETO-Battle of Project:
Submission Open until 31 May, 2017
Competition schedule on 30th June, 2017
@ Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore‘Smart City RETO- Battle of Projects ‘, is an initiative of IEEE ComSoc Student Branch Chapter,Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru in association with IEEE ComSoc, Bangalore chapter which calls for contribution in smart cities development through technical innovation in the form of projects.“Smart City RETO, Battle of Projects” is open to students of the B. Tech., M.Tech., research scholars and professionals all over India who can bring forth innovative ideas for smart cities. It will be hosted on 30th June at the Amrita School of Engineering,Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Bengaluru campus.I request you to encourage, guide and support your students to participate in large numbers in this Battle of Projects, “Smart City RETO”.The submitted project will be evaluated online and few short listed projects will be invited for demonstration.The projects will be divided into two categories: Student and ProfessionalOne can register on the following link to participate:-Submission open up to – 31 May 2017. Register and Upload your design with a brief description of project at:On behalf of Amrita School of Engineering, IEEE ComSoc Student Branch chapter, I request you and your esteemed institution to be a part of this mega event.
Tech Talk @ C-DoT, Electronic City on 11 May, 2016 (2-5PM)
In the memory of Claude Shannon’s 100th Birth Anniversary.
Dr Dilip Krishnaswamy, IBM Research
Dr. Himanshu Tyagi, IISc Bangalore
All are invited.
Please confirm your participation @ “Dr Y.V.S. Lakshmi” <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
FREE entry. Details available Here:Shannon’s birthday celebrations_CDoT
30th April, 9am, Amriteshwari Hall, ASE
Keep visiting this site for important announcement. We have many interesting events and announcement always on card.
Inauguration of ComSoc Student Chapter, ASE, Bangalore
30th April, 2016
Participate actively and win prizes.
“PORTRAIT SHANNON’S (CLAUDE SHANNON) LIFE in Chart Paper (A1 POSTER)” and win attractive prize.
Claude Shannon was a great mathematician and scientist and known as a father of Information theory in Communication Engineering. His 100th Birth anniversary is being celebrated on 30th April, 2016. On this occasion, we have a technical talk followed by ‘on the spot drawing competition’ portraying about his whole life in just one chart paper. The best poster will be selected by jury members comprising experts from outside, faculty of Amrita and student leaders. The first 3 top will be financially awarded (amount will be finalized later). Participants will be given 50 minutes to draw. Participants are to bring with them the necessary materials like poster (white recommended), pencil, sketch, etc.
Find out who was Shannon. What were his achievements and more….
ONLINE Submission is also possible. The last date for online submission is 29 April, 2016 1200pm.
For ONLINE submission, please draw the poster. (It must be hand drawn). Use google drive/document and share your work with the following emails.
email@example.com cc with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY to participate. Its FREE Entry. Please register via this link
SERIES OF TECH TALKS at IISc 30th April, 2016.
One day WORKSHOP in “Technical Challenges in Internet of Things” on 23 April, 2016.
For details visit here