Research Methodology Workshop Series
Research Methodology and IEEE AuthorshipLab Workshop
IEEE ComSoc has taken this initiative to propagate and conduct the Research Methodology Workshop extensively to help the youngster to do quality research in his/her field.
Primary focus of this workshop is to improve research quality, create an environment and culture for the research.
The contents are unique. The 2-day workshop will consist of all the components required in the research cycle.
It has been noticed that our quality of research and published papers are not of standards (in many cases). We dont blame only youngster/scholars who are new to this. In a deliberated discussions with some of the senior professional, we have found significant issues with senior people who are experienced do not pay attention to this and may be youngster are not being guided properly. The workshop addresses all the issues and therefore, useful for ALL.
Normally, planned to have 3-4 workshop every year including outside Bangalore.
Organizations/Institutions who want to host the workshop are requested to contact Dr Navin
For Industry/Organizations One day Package is available. However, for academic Institutions, two days are suggested.
Contents are normally:
You can also download here: ResearchMethodologyWorkshop_Details_FinalJuly2018
Workshop Objectives:At the end of this workshop, the audience should be able to:
- understand some basic concepts of research and its methodologies
- identify appropriate research topics
- select and define appropriate research problem and parameters
- prepare a project (thesis) proposal (to undertake a project/thesis)
- organize and conduct research (advanced project) in a more appropriate manner
- write a research report, article/paper and thesis
- write a research proposal (grants)
- Review an article and submit the report (peer review process)
The workshop is divided into 4 modules (four session each of 3-31/2 hrs:
Module 1 – Identifying a problem (Problem Definition)
Module 2 – Tackling and addressing the problem (Doing Research)
Module 3 – Reporting the research (Report/thesis writing/publishing includes IEEE AuthorshipLab)
Module 4 – Peer Review Process and Proposal Writing
Institutions/Organizations interested in hosting the workshop are requested to contact Dr Navin
Contact – Dr Navin Kumar @ firstname.lastname@example.org
For Industry – One day workshop is packaged with the main focus and emphasize on Writing and Publishing.
Defining a Research Problem
Day/ Time Subject/Topic/Title to be covered Prospective Speakers (Pls list/recommend) Day 1
Defining a Problem?
 Overview of Research and its Methodologies
· Concepts of research
· The need for research
· Types of research
· Steps in conducting research
 Literature review
· What is literature review?
· Why the need for literature review?
· How to carry out a literature review?
 Selecting and defining a research problem
· Problem formulation – why the need for this?
· What are the criteria for selecting a problem?
· Identifying variables
· Evaluating problems
· Functions of a hypothesis
Approach to Solve the Problem (Conducting Research)
14:00 – 17:30
Approach to Solve the problem?
 Conducting the research
· Research activities
· Preparations before conducting your research
 Examples of Research at the University
· Differences among Postgraduate and
· Research at the postgraduate level (PhD and
· Research at the undergraduate level (BSc)
· Preparations for an Undergraduate Final Year Project
Publishing / Reporting Research work (Includes Writing Research Report or Thesis)
While describing publication, copyright comes and so CR and Patenting can be discussed. Including related other terms like Copyright transfer, etc. Patent vs copyright, including coauthors, etc
 Writing Research Reports and Thesis
Writing Research Paper
· Why the need to write papers and reports?
· Writing a research report
· Writing a technical paper
· Contents of a Thesis
· Case Study
Reviewing Article & Proposal writing (Peer Review)
· What, why (Importance)
· Review process
· Plagiarism, etc.
· Review submission
Contact – Dr Navin Kumar @ email@example.com
Research Methodology Workshop
- research ability,
- the paper quality,
- the skills in writing paper,
- and bring awareness and adaptation of professionalism,
- and bring confidence in scholars and professionals
- the ability of search and define problems
- understand the peer review importance and write comments for a review; and many more..
IEEE ComSoc Bangalore Chapter came up with Research Methodology Workshop Series Event Plan. It is utmost needed. At least 2-3 events per year, in and around Bangalore will be conducted.
The July edition is jointly sponsored by IEEE Bangalore Section and IEEE ComSoc Bangalore Chapter. Scheduled on 8-9 July, 2017 @ AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Kasavanahalli, Bangalore, 560035
You can find some details here:
IEEE ComSoc Chapter and IEEE Bangalore Section
Two Days (8-9 July, 2017) Workshop on
Unique Contents, 4-Sessions, 4 Experts
(like Tutorial Session)
LIMITED SEATS !REGISTER HERE:
Registration Includes Lunch, Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Snacks (certificate Soft Copy)Details – Download the Schedule: ResearchMethodologyWorkshop_nkv3@ Amrita School of Engineering, Kasavanahalli, Bangalore – 560035
Two Days Workshop on
8- 9 May, 2017 @ CMRIT, ITPL Road